Newswire:


Cure the Disease

By Cindy Sheehan


Oftentimes when I am interviewed before a speaking engagement, the reporter will ask me what I am going to talk about. I often answer: "I have no idea, but I am excited to find out!"

I never write speeches, and I rarely even make notes. I just speak from my heart, and many times, I am even surprised by what I say.

Recently, I was speaking to a very large, warm, and enthusiastic crowd in Cincinnati. My thinking has been evolving about what I call BushCo. I started out believing that George was just a puppet (although willing) of a much larger machine that used him as badly as he was using his troops in his role as commander in chief. I still believe that.

Yet, although George is the not so clever, greedy, power-hungry string-puppet of many clever, greedy, power-hungry puppeteers, he is not the problem: he is just the symptom of a much greater problem: the corruptness of our democracy.